The interns on our Enterprise User Services Regional team are in the middle of the action providing support, building solutions, and empowering SIG employees each and every day. We engineer and promote emerging technologies that give users a state of the art edge over our competitors. We don’t follow a script; our interactions are dynamic and each day there is a new opportunity to solve a problem, automate a task, or kickoff a new project. We encourage creativity and curiosity and when you have a new idea, your voice will be heard.
Working with an energetic team of experienced professionals, our intern will provide hands-on support to a user base comprised of traders, developers and other trading related staff located on different exchange floors and trading desks.
This internship requires that you have housing in the New York City area. Housing will not be provided.
What You’ll Work On:
• Participating in user moves, adds and changes
• Supporting both the internal office and trading floors
• Providing hands-on support to troubleshoot, install and resolve desktop, laptop, telecommunications, network, data center operations and market data issues
• Ordering, configuring, installing and decommissioning hardware and software
• Participating in ongoing technology related projects and prioritizing assignments as needed
• Acting as a liaison between users/traders, business units and other technology groups
• Developing and maintaining technical documentation
• Technical, scientific or engineering major preferred
• Six (6) months of demonstrated technical support experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Must be a self-starter, a quick learner and resourceful in solving problems
• PC and laptop hardware installation experience and a working knowledge of MS Office, Windows XP and Windows 7
• Theoretical knowledge of networking and telecommunications
• Ability to lift 50 pounds is required
• Will not require visa sponsorship within three years of date of application.